How do I request items from the library?
Steps for placing a hold:
- Go to the Library Media Center's Homepage.
- Use the search bar in the center of the page to search our catalog. After entering a search, you will see a list of search results.
- At the top right-hand corner of the screen, select Log in. You must be logged in to request a hold.
- Enter your Bellevue College email for the username and enter the password you use for Canvas.
- Select the title of the book or magazine you want. This will bring up a record for the item.
- Under the section "Find in the Library," select Request to place a hold. A short form will pop up.
- Fill out form:
- Choose a "Not needed after Pickup Date".
- For a magazine, enter the magazine issue under the Comment section.
- Select SEND REQUEST to submit your hold.
What happens next:
- Holds are processed within 1-3 business days.
- We will email you a library notice when your hold is ready with instructions for pickup.
- All materials are due at the end of Fall quarter on December 10.
Visit our Curbside Pickup web page for details on picking up holds and returning library materials.
For help, please contact a librarian through the Ask a Librarian chat service or email email@example.com.