I can't access journals and/or databases off-campus. What should I do?
If you are having problems accessing into journals and/or databases from off-campus, it may be one of a few issues:
The user login information is the same for both your MyCWU and Library Accounts.
- Are you able to log in to MyCWU with your MyCWU username and password? (Ex: If your cwu email is email@example.com, then your username would be doejane)
- Yes – Try to log in to Library Account.
- No -- Call the IS HelpDesk at (509) 963-2001.
- If you can login to My CWU, but cannot login to your Library Account, please call the Library Circulation Desk at (509) 963-3682 to check on the status of your account.
Single Vendor Issue
If you need access from either China or Iran, you will need to let us know as our proxy server geo-blocks these countries by default to minimize intrusions. You will need to provide the following information when you submit your request:
- Your My CWU username.
- If there is a group of you, please provide usernames of everyone in your group.
- The dates you will be studying abroad to China or Iran.
Accounts For CWU Emeritus
If you are an emeritus faculty that needs remote access we will need to add an account manually for you.
If you are still having remote access issues, please complete our Database Remote Access Issue Form.