Q. How do I borrow an item my instructor has put on reserve?
- Materials for courses on reserve at the JFK Library are held at the circulation desk. Information about reserves at Spokane Academic Library is here.
- A list of reserve materials--including instructor-owned materials and EWU library items--can be retrieved through the EWU Library Catalog by instructor name, course name, or title.
- Physical items on reserve will be unavailable for 24 hours after they are returned as a coronavirus safety measure. Check the library catalog or contact Circulation at 509-359-7888 to check the status of an item before coming to the library.
- Patrons may request to have a digital scan of portions of an item on reserve emailed to them, as long as the request meets the standard of fair use of copyrighted materials in education.
- Search Course Reserves in the library catalog for the instructor's name or the title of the book.
- Click on the title of the book you need scanned.
- Sign in to your library account.
- Select the request option "Request a scan of a chapter or excerpt."
- Fill out the form for the section of the book you need and click "Submit."
- You will receive an email when the scan is available.
Was this helpful? 0 0