Q. Is printing available in the library while the building is closed?
Green River students may request printing from Holman Library while the building is closed due to COVID-19 health restrictions.
Please note that most instructors request that assignments be turned in online.
Print requests may take up to three (3) business days to be fulfilled.
Student Printing Requests (current GRC students only)
Personal work can be freely printed. The library follows copyright guidelines for published works. Most documents can be mailed to students, or curbside pickup at Holman Library can be arranged; for posters, please arrange for curbside pickup. For more questions about printing and copyright, please contact the library.
- The form for requesting printing and directions for submitting requests are linked at the bottom of this FAQ.
- For more information on curbside pickup procedures, please see: How can I request a physical item for curbside pickup FAQ
Who can request printing?
GRC students registered for credit classes in the current quarter who have printing points available.
(More information about printing points is available on our “Technology in the Library: Printing” guide.)
What types of printing are available?
Black and white printing is the default option -- if you need other printing options (color; poster; special print formatting of pages or slides) - please include these instructions in the "Special Directions" section of the printing form.
- Black and white printing (double-sided) (cost: 1 point per double-sided page)
- Color printing (single-sided) (cost: 10 points per single-sided page)
- Posters (cost: 100 points per poster)
What other online document options are there?
Green River College has moved many classes online while the campus is closed. Students will be able to submit documents electronically for online classes. Directions for accessing Microsoft Office and other programs online are available on the library’s How to Log On at GRC guide.