Q. How can I request a physical library item (book, DVD, CD, etc) for curbside pickup?
Patrons may submit requests for any circulating material through the online catalog by placing a hold and coming to the north side of the library for pickup.
Items you'll need:
- Ability to sign-in to your GRC Holman Library account on a computer or phone to place your request.
- A "health attestation form" filled out shortly before you come to campus.
- A way to get to campus - car, bike, bus, or on foot.
- Face covering - mask, bandana, headscarf that covers nose and mouth, etc.
- A phone - to call the HL Circulation Desk when you arrive for your pickup.
- Photo ID - school ID or other photo ID to confirm your identity for pickup.
- Good idea to bring - a bag or other means of carrying your items once you've picked them up from Holman Library.
How to place a hold to request an item for curbside pickup:
(see more detailed instructions in the linked PDF below)
- Go to the library online catalog
- Search for the item you need
- Request the item by clicking on “Place a request to pick up this item”
- FYI: if you have fines over $10 the system will not allow you to place a hold. You may pay fines to Cashiers' Office (phone: 253-288-3399)
Once you have placed your hold request: Library staff will contact you to schedule an appointment time for pickup (using your contact information on file with GRC). It may take up to 3 business days for your request to be fulfilled. (In rare cases -where items need to quarantined for an additional period- it may take up to 120 hours.)
- Library circulation phone number: 253-931-6490
- All checkouts will be for three weeks unless an extended checkout is requested.
- Items that cannot be requested for curbside pickup: Reference materials, periodicals, Course Reserves with short-term checkout periods (most Course Reserves materials - faculty may still request limited scanning)
How to pick up curbside items from Holman Library (by car, foot, or bicycle):
- Library staff will contact you to let you know when you can come to campus to pick up your item (using your contract info on record with GRC).
- Right before you go to campus, fill out the health attestation form.*
- Go to the pickup location outside the North entrance of the library *
- Use the driveway to the entrance of the library right off of SE 320th St.
- Call (253) 931-6490 when you arrive (during library open hours) and library staff will come outside with your item(s).
- If in a car: Stay in your car and wear a face covering.
- If on foot or bicycle: please wait outside, wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Show your picture ID to receive your items.