Q. When are my checked out items due back?
COVID-19 Due Dates
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all materials are checked out for the entire quarter. The library is currently only accepting early returns for students who have dropped. If you need to return something for any reason, please use the Learning Commons Zoom Room to talk to a staff member.
- Books and paperbacks may be borrowed for 21 days.
- CDs may be borrowed/checked out for 7 days.
- Materials from the “Course Reserves” are for LCC student use only and are loaned for periods set by the course instructor. No more than two reserve items can be checked out at any one time. Many are Library Use Only.
- DVDs may be borrowed for 3 days. DVDs are not renewable.
Most books: 21 days. For the rest, see the circulation policy.
- Students and LCC employees may renew materials once: in person, by phone (360-442-2660) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Loans to off-campus institutional users are not renewable except by special permission of a member of the Library Services administration or faculty.
- Course Reserve materials are not renewable.
- Videos/DVDs are not renewable.
Service Charges There is a “grace period” for library materials before any overdue fines are assessed. Overdue fines accrue as follows:
- Books, paperbacks, CDs, audiocassettes and LPs: minimum fine of $0.50; fine accrues at $0.10 per day; maximum fine of $5.00 per item. Grace period: 4 days.
- DVDs & Videos: minimum fine of $1.00; fine accrues at $1.00 per hour; maximum fine of $10.00 per item. Grace period: 1 hour.
- Reserve materials which circulate for over 24 hours: minimum fine of $1.00; fine accrues at $1.00 per day; maximum fine of $5.00 per item. Grace period: 1 day for all 3 and 7-day reserve items; 3 days for 14-90 day reserve items.
- Reserve materials which circulate for 24 hours or less: minimum fine of $0.50; fine accrues at $0.25 per hour; maximum fine of $5.00 per item. Grace period: 1 hour.
- Users are charged replacement cost as well as a $7.50 processing fee (per item) for lost library materials.
- For materials which are no longer in print, the user will be charged the original cost of the item plus a $5.00 out-of-print service fee, plus the above-mentioned cataloging charge.
Information on how to request an interlibrary loan is available from the Interlibrary Loan page. Students and faculty can search for items in another library and request that they be ordered. Remind students that items may take 2 weeks to get to LCC.
Items on reserve for specific courses are available at the circulation desk. The check out for periods determined by the instructor, and most are for in-library use only. They can NOT be renewed, and are for student use only. One can search for reserve items in the library catalog, but the student needs the exact title. When searching the library catalog for print texts, remember to limit to searching "available in the library."