US History assignment: I'm researching a contemporary problem and its historical roots
To get you started in your research, try the History resources below, and contact a librarian if you have questions.
Gale eBooks or Credo Reference (Scholarly encyclopedias are a great 1st source to get an overview and history of your topic, plus additional trusted sources.)
- Example search: "freedom of speech"
CQ Researcher (Objective reports on current and controversial issues)
Example search: "voting rights"
- Example database: Issues and Controversies in American History
eBook Collection or ProQuest Ebook Central
You're not expected to read an entire book on your topic, but you might find a chapter or some pages ebook databases which you want to use as a research source.
Try a Google search for websites from US government entities.
- Example database:
- site:.gov AND "income tax" AND history AND timeline
- site:.gov AND "income tax" AND history
- Login Instructions for logging-in to library databases
- Citation Each library database has a CITE link which generates a pre-formatted citation for you to can copy & paste.