Q. How do we find eBooks?
Kirk Library collection provides a wide variety of eBooks for students, faculty, and staff. eBooks are easy to use, and they can be remotely accessed on your computer.
There are two ways to find eBooks through Kirk Library. Either use OneSearch to look by title or subject, or go directly to one of our eBook databases.
Use OneSearch to find eBooks
To find an eBook in OneSearch:
1. On the Kirk Library homepage, type the title or the keyword in the “OneSearch” box and press “Enter”.
2. In the left menu, under the “Availability” section, check the “Available online” check-box.
3. Under the “Material Type” section, check the “Books” check-box.
4. Select “Apply Filters”
Use eBook Databases to find eBooks
Kirk Library subscribes to two large eBook databases, eBook Central and EBSCOhost eBook Collection. eBook Central is our largest collection, with over 45,000 titles. EBSCOhost eBook Collection has 6,000 titles. Both cover a wide range of academic subjects.
To find eBook databases from library homepage:
1. On the Kirk Library homepage, from top menu, click Find, then select Databases.
2. On the database page, click the database type drop-down menu, and select eBooks.
3. Go to the eBook database of your choice.
We recommend starting with eBook Central since it is so much larger.