Q. How do I request an item for Library Curbside Pick-Up?
The OC Libraries are pleased to announce the launch of no-contact pick-up services! The health and safety of our OC community is our number one priority in planning this new service. Before you request an item for pick-up, there are a few things you should know to ensure a safe and hassle-free transaction.
1. Search and Find. Log in to the OC Library OneSearch Catalog and search for your item. You must log in FIRST before making a request for pick-up. Your log in information is your OC email address and password.
2. Make Your Request. If an item can be requested you will see a "Request" button in the record for the item. Select the "Request" button to initiate a pick-up.
3. Wait. It may take a week or more to prepare your item for pick-up depending on its location, destination, and staff availability. Thank you for your patience. To check the status of your holds at any time, log in to your Library Account.
4. Get Notice and Follow Instructions. The library will send you an email to your OC email account with specific instructions for pick-up when your item is ready including a link to schedule your pick-up appointment. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Bring a cell phone to call us when you arrive.
- Wear a mask or other face covering when you pick up items.
- Be prepared to verify your identification by providing your name and Student ID number.
- Remain behind the designated marker and wait for your items to be delivered to the cart/table.
- After the staff member has delivered your items to the cart/table, you may approach and pick-up your items.