How do I print in Holman Library?
Directions to print in the Holman Library (HL) Open Lab
Currently enrolled students can print from any computer in the library that they log into with their student email and password.
- Note: Only currently registered students are able to log in and print. For example, a student who is taking classes Spring Quarter only will be able to print during the active Spring Quarter dates, but would not be able to print during Winter Quarter or Summer Quarter.
Students can send their print job to:
- Black & White Print Queue (default - 1 print point per 2-sided page)
- Color Print Queue (10 print points per single-sided page)
- Poster (plotter) Print Queue (100 print points per poster)
Once a print job has been sent the student will need to go a print release station in the library or TC Open Lab, log in with the same username and password and release their print job.
In the library, black & white prints can be released from any of the 3 black and white print release stations. Color prints and posters must be released from the Color Print Release Station (next to the Scanning computers near the 'New Books' shelves on the west side of the open lab).
For instructions on sending a document from your laptop to a library printer, please see the attachment called "Information on Printing, including Printing from a Laptop or from Off Campus."
Green River students may also request printing from Holman Library remotely and have the printouts available for pickup by appointment with our Circulation Desk or mailed through US Mail.
Print requests may take up to three (3) business days to be fulfilled.
Student Printing Requests (current GRC students only)
Personal work can be freely printed. The library follows copyright guidelines for published works. Most documents can be mailed to students, or curbside pickup at Holman Library can be arranged; for posters, please arrange for curbside pickup. For more questions about printing and copyright, please contact the library.
- The form for requesting printing and directions for submitting requests are linked at the bottom of this FAQ.
Who can request printing?
GRC students registered for credit classes in the current quarter who have printing points available.
(More information about printing points is available on our “Technology in the Library: Printing” guide.)
What other online document options are there?
Students may be able to submit documents electronically for online or hybrid classes. Directions for accessing Microsoft Office and other programs online are available on the library’s How to Log On at GRC guide.