Q. Why can't I login to my New York Times subscription?
Here are some common problems that may come up with your New York Times online subscription and solutions to fix them.
Your subscription has expired.
Your NYT subscription is an annual subscription. When it expires, all you need to do is to renew for another year. Follow the directions below to renew your subscription.
- Go to the Find Databases page.
- Scroll down the Databases by Subject list and click on the section for Newspapers.
- Choose the NYTimes.com database link.
- Use the "Log in here" link (under the Create Account button) to login. This will renew your subscription for another year.
You did not completely activate your account when you signed up.
After you signed up for your new NYT account, an confirmation link is sent to your SPSCC email to confirm your email address. If you did not click on this link, your account will not be activated.
- Go to mySPSCC and sign in to your Outlook Email.
- Look for an email that is from NYTimes.com with the subject line "Confirm Your Email Address" and click on the confirmation link within it.
You signed in with your SPSCC email address, but NYTimes.com won't allow you to access articles without paying for them.
This probably means that once-upon-a-time, you registered for a free account with your SPSCC email address, which allowed you to access up to a limited number of articles each month, or you used your SPSCC email address to subscribe to a paid subscription.
- Delete all the old data on your browser so that your computer doesn't remember your old account info. Follow these directions for Chrome and Firefox.
- Follow the directions to get an online subscription to NYTimes.com through the library. If you have already set up your NYTimes.com account through SPSCC Library, then skip this step and go to step 3.
- Follow the directions above for Your subscription has expired. This will reactivate your SPSCC-validated NYTimes.com subscription.
You forgot the password to your NYT account.
Even though you need to use your email address to sign up for your NYT account, your NYT account is not linked to your SPSCC email account. Your passwords are unique to each account.
- Go to NYTimes.com's Log In page.
- Use the "Forget your password?" link to reset your password.
Still having problems accessing your SPSCC Library sponsored New York Times online subscription? Contact Lily Kun to help you troubleshoot.
FAQ Viewed Views: 731 Times